Instagram Stories: What no one is talking about
Instagram Stories is all the rage right now...for good reason. Its a great way to showcase who you are, your brand, what you do and how you serve clients.
But a lot of small business owners haven't really utilizes Insta stories in a way that can serve their business well. A lot of us are still stuck on crafting a perfect feed and stressing over captions when in reality your posts are hardly being seen anymore due to the algorithm and an overall decline in Instagram scrolling by people (they are all watching stories instead!)
So let's talk about how to make our stories GOOD and connect with potential clients!
- Be vulnerable. Show your face. Talk. Show your work and what you do.
- Be consistent if you can. If you don't want to story every day, maybe try to be consistent and story consistently one day a week. Utilize things in your life to make the story cohesive and consistent for watchers so they are more likely to stop and actually listen to what you have to say.
- WRITE ON THE SCREEN. Give watchers a little bit of info about what your talking about to entice them to click on the sound or actually listen to what you are saying.
- Geotag, hashtag and tag other users on your story!! Give watchers context about what you are saying, where you are, and who you are with!!
- Post only ONE story, or post over 15 stories in a day. One story doesn't give people any context about what is going on and posting tons of stories causes people to loose interest quickly. People aren't watching stories to learn something complicated, they aren't taking notes.
- Don't go landscape!!! It really inturrpts the story watching when you have to turn your phone. Keep the landscape photos/videos to YouTube or other places but don't go landcape on stories. Make the story seamless.
- Don't be a talking head. If you have a lot to say, break it up with boomerangs or photos, but don't post 10 stories of your face talking to the camera.