035: All about 2nd shooting, Paul & Cinnamon
Oh boy! 2nd shooting. You wouldn't think this is a controversial subject, but sometimes it can cause a stir. People have very strong opinions about 2nd shooting and how you should approach it. In today's episode I'm sharing about how I got started 2nd shooting and my first wedding (even though I had never 2nd shot before).
We also go through looking for primary shooters and all of the benefits that go along with focusing on 2nd shooting for your business!
- Do you have to 2nd shoot before shooting your own wedding?
- The story of Cinnamons first wedding as primary photographer (hint...she had not 2nd shot before).
- There are so many benefits to 2nd shooting
- Gets you to more weddings and different weddings
- Gain experience watching other photographers work, one of the best learning situations you can be in
- You can learn things you do and DON'T want to do on a wedding day
- You get to network and likely start getting referrals
- The pressure isn't on you
- You can flex your creativity
- Set some goals around 2nd shooting
Don't just shoot for anybody. Do your research and look into the primary shooter and make sure you are a fit.